Deck and House Work

Since the boat was inside a shop for several months we decided to re-seal everything, make a few repairs, and add  new equipment to the decks. While disassembling the boat additional work was found.

Re-caulking the teak decks - This was on the schedule as a few weeks work and turned into 8 man-weeks of back breaking work.

Samson Post and Bowsprit - The deck was leaking around the Samson post and we added a spacer between the sprit and the deck.

Turtle rebuild - While investigating the traveller we discovered rotten plywood in the turtle.

Stanchion base replacement -  Making new teak pads fit the slope of the deck.

Portlight overhaul -  Removal and cleanup, re-glazing, reinstall.

Back to Refit Page